I offer CFO and controllership services, accounting, financial planning, plus money coaching in the Metro Vancouver region. Pick the service that’s right for you! If you need help deciding which is the right option, please contact me so we can discuss your needs in more detail.
Vancouver outsourced CFO and controllership services:
Focus on the business you’re good at, and I’ll focus on getting you financial information for great business decisions
You are the master of your business ideas; innovation, operations and creating synergies are your specialty. Taking the time to ensure your financial processes and data are accurate, deciding on shareholder payout strategies or determining cash flow and cost projections are not where you want to – or should – be spending your time. This is where my Vancouver outsourced CFO and controllership services come into play. They are available to owner-led, private companies with revenues typically under $5 million.
As a trusted member of your team I’ll help you get a grasp on the difficult, top-level decisions that need to be made regarding your business finances. I’ll guide your in-house accountant and bookkeeping team, ensuring they are following efficient cash management, accounts receivable, inventory, accounts payable or payroll procedures. I’ll engage with outside auditors, bankers or tax compliance personnel on your behalf. And, where you need me to, I can also help with the ‘nitty-gritty,’ like complex bank reconciliations and the day-to-day accounting.
These Vancouver, contract-based CFO or controller services are available short-term, or on an ongoing basis. They are the right fit for you if:
- You want a controller or CFO in Vancouver but don’t think you have enough full time work to keep one busy
- You have a specific project you need implemented or help with implementing
- You feel you have outgrown your original accounting processes
- You need a professional, qualified and experienced financial consultant to help with cash management
- You feel the need for leadership of your accounting department by someone with experience and technical knowledge
- You are currently doing your own CFO or controllership duties, but you need to make time for the things you’re good at
- You don’t have a financial professional on staff and you, your banker or your investors feel it might be time
- You need someone with an overall financial picture of your company to help coordinate between your lawyers and your outside accountants, keeping projects on task
- You want peace of mind that your company’s financials are accurate and that you are making timely, informed decisions based on the best information available
- You want to ensure your business can provide the necessary cash flow to fund your personal life goals
If this fits your profile, we may form a great team together! Get in touch, and we’ll go over your current needs, and how I can help.
Vancouver accounting and bookkeeping:
Keep your books up to date and well-analyzed while you focus on what you’re good at
This service is for you if you would like a professional to take care of the complicated financial stuff, analyze your results and do it right the first time. If you are a profitable business owner with a continuous growth mindset, this is definitely for you. Hiring a qualified chartered professional accountant to oversee your accounting or do your bookkeeping can help you make better business decisions by providing you with timely and accurate reporting. Better decision making can then lead to higher profits.
This Vancouver-based accounting service is for you if:
- Your business is profitable and you value professionalism and the quality of your financial information
- You want the financial information and reporting to be accurate and timely
- You want to make more informed and better business decisions based on accurate financial information
- You want to talk to someone knowledgeable about your financial situation and be able to ask questions and bounce ideas off of them
- You want an analysis of your business, not just financial statements
Vancouver financial planning:
Learn feasible options to achieve your long-term goals, with a clear and easy to understand financial plan
My financial planning services in Vancouver are for you if you feel like you are more on track with your cash flow, reduction of debt and savings. You are already a long term thinker but now you need an objective, second look at your finances to ensure you are on the right path for all your life goals, including financial independence and/or retirement.
You should choose financial planning if you are curious about the following:
- Understanding your net worth
- Balancing how much you spend on your current lifestyle and goals with how much you need to save for a secure retirement
- Understanding your cash flow and exactly when you will be out of debt
- What you need to know to make the best investment decisions
- What your investment statements actually mean
- Whether your current insurance coverage is enough to take care of your family
- Whether you can pay off your home mortgage, purchase a vacation home, save for your children’s education, take an annual vacation (or two) and retire when you want to (ie. balancing current goals with a secure future)
- Whether you are taking advantage of all the possible tax minimization strategies
- Understanding how your money can help achieve your goals
- Feeling you need a second opinion on your financial situation
Vancouver money coaching:
Get help when money confuses you, so you can make it start to work for you
Money coaching could change your life! Money coaching is for you, as an individual or as a business, if you feel overwhelmed by money matters, are confused by investment or financial statements and you just don’t understand the ‘why’ behind a lot of the numbers. Money coaching is like a life coach for your finances.
I provide three types of money coaching services, explained in more detail at the links below:
Money coaching is for you if:
- You don’t have an overall understanding of your financial situation and you want one
- You have trouble saving, despite having a decent income
- You have trouble saving, and feel your income is not enough (it works both ways!)
- You feel like you’re always ‘catching up’ with the bills
- You are struggling with debt, or need to make a tough decision about debt
- You are self-employed and don’t know how much to pay yourself from your business to meet both your personal and business cash flow needs
- You are going through a divorce and want extra support in understanding the financial division of assets
- You have gone through a divorce, received a lump-sum payment with possible support payments and want to ensure you understand your money, how much you can spend yearly and what you need to do to achieve long term financial stability
- You have received an inheritance and want to know what the best thing to do with it is
Want to know more? Let’s learn more about money coaching together. I can meet to discuss your concerns over a coffee, or talk via email, by phone or on Skype.