For owner-managed businesses operating at under $5 million in revenue, hiring a full-time CFO or controller may not make the most sense, especially when you already have an in-house accounting team. A great, cost-saving alternative is to outsource these controllership services in Vancouver. In my case, that comes hand-in-hand with highly qualified, outsourced CFO services – a skillset that can handle even more complex financial oversight and assessment, when you need it.
As your business grows, the advice, support, supervision, experience and technical expertise of a local, Vancouver-based, outsourced CFO and controller can be essential to success. I’ll help you achieve your business goals on a situational or ongoing basis.
For your next growth phase or investment idea, I’ll help you make sound financial decisions regarding costs and cashflow projections. For your company’s long-term financial health, I’ll be there to oversee or produce your financial statements and internal reports, manage your accounting staff, or even jump in to help with payroll, bank reconciliations, bank financing or CRA coordination, plus more.
Whether as a short-term, contract controller and CFO, or an ingrained member of your team, I’ll be your ‘go-to’ sounding board; someone who is familiar with your business’ accounting setup, and committed to your financial success.
And, I know what you’re going through; I grew up in a family of business owners. Through that, I developed the entrepreneurial ‘spirit’ myself. After obtaining my bachelor of commerce from the University of Toronto, I articled at PwC in Vancouver, achieving my Chartered Accountant designation in 1998. I went on to work for multiple owner-managed businesses, helping them achieve the same types of financial goals you’ll be aspiring to. I love making a difference, and being the trusted source for technical financial expertise within growing companies.
I also love people! Give me a call, and we can discuss your CFO or controllership needs in more detail.
Or email me: email@example.com
What can a Vancouver outsourced CFO and controller do for you?
Here are some of the tasks I can do to help your business:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction relating to accounting and finance
- Assess your accounting or bookkeeping processes and make recommendations for improvements
- Oversee all functions of the accounting department as well as coach and mentor your accounting staff
- Produce and review accurate and timely monthly and yearly financial statements as well as other relevant internal or external reports such as gross margin or break even analysis and debt covenant ratios
- Help create budgets and financial forecasts
- Help with cash flow management and internal controls
- Help with financial decision-making through financial analysis and advice
- Administer leases, insurance and other contracts
- Coordinate between lawyers and outside accountants to ensure actions and goals are met
- Determine effective owner compensation (salary versus dividends)
- Determine true profitability
- Advise on the financial impacts of ideas and innovations
- Understand and help with complex accounting and tax issues
- Coordinate your fiscal year end with your outside accountants
- Prepare working papers for your year end audit or review engagement
I work with a variety of companies on either a specific contract or on an ongoing basis ranging from 1 day/month to 2 days a week and anything in between.